This time last year we were in survival mode - 2 babies so little, I thought several times I was going to loose it, but we've survived. The Christmas tree, while only decorated at the top, has survived. I've seen so much change in both of them over the last few weeks.
I was finally able to put my dining room chairs back up - Austin doesn't push them into the kitchen to get on the counters anymore, and he's learned to stay off the table. Abbey however loves the chairs and they must stay pushed in. I sometimes find her sitting in her booster seat, just smiling.
Austin is learning more and more words. Papa is a big one still, as well as Thomas. Still no consistent Mama, but 'oohh pretty' has entered his vocabulary when looking at lights. He plugs in his little tree in his room just so he can say, ooh pretty. I really want to take him to Bellingrath Gardens.
Speech therapy has been put on hold, but his new therapist, who works with his sensory issues, Thela, is wonderful. He seems really happy to play with her, and even Abbey gets in the game at times. He's blossoming - taking instructions a little better. She's helping me work with him to keep his meltdowns at bay, and I've seen such a huge difference.
Miss Abbey Jane is a climber.She now makes it onto the Austin's toddler bed and the couch. I don't worry too much, as she is a pro climbing down. She turns her little self around, and slides down feet first even off our really high bed. SHe's still not sleeping well at night, which wouldn't be so bad if it was consistant. Friday night she barely slept, and no nap on Sat, but that night she slept till 5 and then went right back to sleep and was up at 7:30. Sunday she woke twice but went right back to sleep. Last night she slept till 2:30, and then was up for a while, back up at 6, down at 7 and is still down at 9. Her mama and daddy need some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment