Thursday, October 29, 2009

Appointments

Finally, after 4 phone calls to Austin's Ped, we got a referral to an Occupational Therapist, in Ocean Springs. The intake specialist at USA said the Dr would recommend Austin to be seen by an OT for SPD eval, and to get Austin's Ped to make that now, to save time. I called last Tues, and was told someone would call me back. I called 4 times this past week and FINALLY Monday, the office called here. We're on some type of waiting list, since they don't really do appointments. It's a rehab center, I think, through Ocean Springs Hospital. They only have 2 OTs who work with SPD so the list is long. They said it's about 2 months long and I should get a call about a week before the appointment. Weird.

In funny news, Austin has a new word - Thomas, which sounds like to as. I bought him big boy undies and when I opened the package tonight he had a fit! He put Thomas on his hiney, and then looked at James and the other pair and went nuts. He's only seen 2 episodes of Thomas, but he loves them more than Veggie Tales.

No comments: